Wednesday, June 19, 2013

quarter-life crisis

So, as I've mentioned, I just graduated from college. It's a day I never thought would come and I was so excited for it. But no one told me the panic I'd feel once I was done. Nope, it was just "here's your degree. Good job. Now go find your career." So here I am now with a Bachelor's Degree and a teaching license and I've got to start thinking about what I want to do now. 
Finding a job is absolutely stressful. We all know this. And it's especially stressful when it's your CAREER you're trying to find. So I've been looking for a teaching job and so far, no luck. At all. I'm also trying to move to Salt Lake and that's terrifying in itself. I kinda feel like I've just been thrown into this whole new part of my life and I'm just blindly trying to find my way through and hope to god I don't fall flat on my face.

I have dubbed this part of my life to be my quarter-life crisis. Which is a real thing, might I add.

"Your twenties can be a difficult time. It is generally a time of transition, where nothing is fully established. You may have an overwhelming amount of decisions to make but limited opportunities, and you may feel like you are struggling to make it in the 'real world' with the anxieties of careers, relationships and debt." {http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/realbuzzcom/how-to-survive-a-quarter-life-crisis_b_3110052.html}

You know how when people go through a mid-life crisis they might buy some crazy new vehicle or go on a huge trip or something? I feel like I'm going through that. Some of my decisions lately have been a bit impulsive, I feel like I'm just trying to create my own identity in a way, or something like that. And maybe it's my way of balancing out my panic and stress to do some things with an "i don't give a shit" attitude.

So first I did this...



Then I was like, "hey let's do that again."


And then, I was like.. Hey, this is a good idea...









So now that I'm tattoo'd and chopped off my hair maybe I'll figure the rest of it out?

I wish it were that easy.




No comments:

Post a Comment