Sunday, November 10, 2013

"life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans"



I've kind of always had a plan. Or at least a general life-outline.
Work.
Go to college.
Graduate.
Get a job.
Move out of Utah County.

So I had a pretty basic 5-year plan when I started college, it made life a bit easier for me if it was set out in front of me. My decisions were made, now this is what I had to do. I always had a vision, an end goal.
 If you know me at all, I tend to be a planner. I like knowing what's going to happen next or having something to work towards. Once I've checked off one thing, I move to the next.

See, I never added anything to that plan after graduating college. School was my biggest obstacle, my biggest focus, and it was hard to see anything past that for 5 years. After I graduated, I focused most of my time and energy on finding a job. What good was that degree I worked so hard on getting if I didn't do anything with it?
I finally found a job and put all my time and effort into that. I moved out of Utah County and settled into that part of my life plan.

Lately, I've been like, "well, now what?" 
I realized I have no plan.
Nothing.
I mean, I have these long term dreams that I might work towards one day, like moving out of Utah, but that is in the far distant future.
I don't have a 5 year plan.
I don't even have a 1 year plan.
The most I've got so far is that I'll probably teach at the school I'm at for around 5 years, or at least I hope so.
Right now, nothing is certain in my future. 
It used to be that if I did what I was supposed to, I would graduate college.  That was guaranteed. 
Now, I have absolutely no idea what to plan for or do.
The possibilities are endless, really. Which is both liberating and absolutely terrifying.
The only thing tying me down to anything is my job.  Everything else is up in the air.

But maybe I don't have to have a plan. Maybe I'll just have to live life and make it up as I go and just hope for the best.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

"There are so many adventures you miss because you're waiting to think of a plan..." 



No comments:

Post a Comment